About Mrs. Alvarez

Statistics:

Birthday – October 19

Happily married my husband, Martin, on July 11, 2009 at The Sandbar on Anna Maria Island.

5 children, 5 grandchildren, and 3 great-grandchildren

Things I LOVE . . .

I absolutely LOVE teaching, especially middle school Language Arts and Gifted, and most importantly being part of the BEST Middle School in Manatee County, Nolan Middle School! I’m always looking for ways to make learning exciting, fun, entertaining, and most of all – REAL. Helping students see that what they learn is important to their lives now as well as in the future can be challenging at times, but challenges I accept and embrace! Middle School is the training ground for High School and what is learned here can directly impact their future success. I take that very seriously.

Here are some other things I LOVE: going to the movies, boating, sea turtles, cooking, farmer’s markets, reading, computers (can you tell I’m a geek?!), the Blue Door Spa, Chick-Fil-A, SweetBerries, Pei Wei, Thai Wasabi, Riverhouse Reef & Grill, Pier 21, The Sandbar, shopping at UTC and at the Ellenton Outlet Mall, and spending time with my wonderful family doing almost anything!

More info later….

One thought on “About Mrs. Alvarez

1. I had to search hard to find your blog but I came across Celestia from a post you had on Edmodo. As you hadn’t presented it with much fanfare, it took me a while to click the link, but I am glad I did. It’s inspiring! I’ve had a look at the Flipside site too and I am totally geared up to give GBL a try myself now. I’ve been watching from the sidelines but you have given me te impetus to really get started.
    How long does it take you to create such sites? Do you keep them going for the whole year? I’d love to chat more about it if you’re willing to get in touch. Please email or connect via Twitter @iteachtweets. Look forward to the conversation!